[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] How to make TBB useable as "system Tor", as Tor, Vidalia, pluggable transports system level replacement?
Actually, my apologies. I forgot that if you use the method I
mentioned previously you'll need to issue NEWNYM to the control port
and you won't be able to use the improved new identity feature of Tor
Browser. A better solution.
1. Use a separate script to launch the tor process as previously
2. Load TBB the first time. Enter about:config into the address bar.
3. Edit the script that comes with TBB, start-tor-browser, and go to
line 248. Begin reading here for changes to extensions.
4. Make the changes to extensions and exit Tor Browser.
5. Optionally change the password in start-tor-browser at line 288 or
set TOR_CONTROL_PASSWD as described.
6. Now you can use the included script to launch Tor Browser without
creating another and can use the improved new identity via Tor Button.
Hope that's better.
tor-talk mailing list - firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to