Re: [tor-talk] git: application level leaks and best practices?

>> - Is the timezone included in commit timestamps?
> Yes.

You can override this behaviour, but it's not particularly convenient to do:

git commit --date=2015-02-25T01:00:00+0000 -m "fixed it"

You could probably create an alias within git to save typing, though you'd still have to get used to using your new alias. As far as I know, there isn't a global option to force this behaviour (there is one to force git log to use UTC, but that's not much help here)

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:24 AM, meejah <meejah@meejah.ca> wrote:
Nusenu <nusenu@openmailbox.org> writes:

> Has someone done an analysis of git over Tor already?

Not that I'm aware, but that'd be cool.

> - Is the timezone included in commit timestamps?

Yes.

> - What other (metadata) is potentially leaked?

Beware that there are both committer and author email addresses in
commit objects (but typically porcelain commands only show you one of
them).

--
meejah