[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] tor not running
----- Original Message -----
From: Speak Freely
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] tor not running
Yeah, I've never received a response from any torproject email address.
You're officially part of the club!
I will re-post the first half of Soul Plane's very first remark.
"To get help I think you will have to give more information"
We need more information!
You wrote: "It will not even start let alone install."
So, let's start at the beginning. Step by step. You downloaded the exe,
you double clicked on it, then what?
1) You downloaded Tor Browser from Tor's website
2) You double clicked the .exe
Nothing happens. It doesn't do anything. No processes begin to open the download.
Some more questions:
- Is this a work or personal computer?
- Is your anti-virus running? Is your anti-virus up to date?
no and no
- Have you tried temporarily disabling your AV while installing?
I do not use antivirus software.
- Is your Windows User account Limited/Standard, or Admin?
- Can you install other software without issue?
- Have you taken a look at Event Viewer? What does it say?
- Did you verify the download using the signature?
tor-talk mailing list - firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to