[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] tor not running
It appears you have the answer. If you followed all of the instructions,
and you did not get a successful response, then you do not have the
You don't seem to be a fan of following instructions, so I will try to
be particularly explicit in these instructions; it's almost verbatim
from the website.
1) You downloaded GnuPG from http://gpg4win.org/download.html
2) You downloaded torbrowser-install-4.5.3_en-US.exe *and*
torbrowser-install-4.5.3_en-US.exe.asc into the same folder.
2.1) I'm going to pretend you saved them to the following location -
replace it with the actual location where you saved these 2 files
3) From cmd.exe, you ran the following command
"C:\Program Files\Gnu\GnuPg\gpg.exe" --keyserver
x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 0x4E2C6E8793298290
4)You then ran the following command
"C:\Program Files\Gnu\GnuPg\gpg.exe" --fingerprint 0x4E2C6E8793298290
5) You saw the following response:
pub 4096R/93298290 2014-12-15
Key fingerprint = EF6E 286D DA85 EA2A 4BA7 DE68 4E2C 6E87 9329 8290
uid Tor Browser Developers (signing key)
sub 4096R/F65C2036 2014-12-15
sub 4096R/D40814E0 2014-12-15
sub 4096R/589839A3 2014-12-15
6) You then ran the following command (Of course replacing with the
actual location of where you saved the files)
"C:\Program Files\Gnu\GnuPg\gpg.exe" --verify
7) You did not receive the following response
gpg: Signature made Tue 24 Jan 2015 09:29:09 AM CET using RSA key ID
gpg: Good signature from "Tor Browser Developers (signing key) "
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
Primary key fingerprint: EF6E 286D DA85 EA2A 4BA7 DE68 4E2C 6E87 9329 8290
8) You do not have the correct/complete/valid download.
9) Try again. Repeat steps #2-6 until you do see the *Good Signature*
response in #7.
tor-talk mailing list - email@example.com
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to