[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tor-talk] company devised process to disable Intel Management Engine
- From: T <cwilliamson4742 AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: [tor-talk] company devised process to disable Intel Management Engine
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:32:53 -0500
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify) firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=20161025 header.b=mrau+We5; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of tor-talk-bounces AT lists.torproject.org designates 2a01:4f8:172:1b46:0:abba:10:1 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=tor-talk-bounces AT lists.torproject.org; dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:content-transfer-encoding:reply-to:list-subscribe :list-help:list-post:list-archive:list-unsubscribe:list-id :precedence:subject:mime-version:to:date:message-id:in-reply-to:from :references:dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=HoGstKiuJzflbtpsX3xDn8RyHXATO/+PBkIZptnbJbI=; b=qWqFC4qOQavEtYNqKsUwTYTbL4pH+0V3yzpW9KIePZjOsV6KymIP0Ioh7ziV3DR4K2 9Ns0LYK/3+N5zMLvGHY3qpJHrxpsQhME4jeebZ+rSy76C+jKgTqggmj8inVm6k6VH9u6 RbfxdelwzrIK4JBnpv6rc9LkrcX+AYnH7MWrHVddCMlpKbdFmw32B5tJ6xiQKXTr/rBC W3eXca7tXh14PVLDhqmAn2EpTghYEaoMiT+rOZCfdIC9vEOoHhxO9S2Zwl8B86Bqx7+H jBJFfYq9CjpQhmPGAfnqP6kN1G+2fruam1pxXvr8Hvbf4X/DSGBp/ULY5aTa0LPRacs0 +jGg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1513010026; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=ZSlGNbG/GCCWUSH/F1kAtZkZFL+1lB6jvXlxjPpOxDp208XzSFSbKOixT1DlJNULat Zd42sfHzEVm6GIO0sj7voSoC0AC8SXxvCK3Ax8i01A8GLAmwP3pEvoFP7o27rXkjDHxS 0xtLhE9BaM4sx6Ti9L8Oc7QMZtdVo1MDN+glCbG1MVC7nRNOLlb98eLtnfwjvkaVo5DD TreZCl6Jumn/i5M+SwFDMz4sqzkVIxtbioeulXYpfUzSRG+aDbr3t8dAQBVrrAOEod3c cjOWbmzfizX+LVgYI+pyuZfKJWW5UhF7NoyluDbXkumkJAiokZKsZXClaswTEF/ilIY3 q6jg==
- List-archive: <http://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/>
- Reply-to: tor-talk AT lists.torproject.org
- Sender: "tor-talk" <tor-talk-bounces AT lists.torproject.org>
- To: tor-talk AT lists.torproject.org
Hi tor community, recently I made an attempt to access the web via tor. The following message appeared...hardware expire/ malfunction, what does that mean?
Sent from my iPhone
> On Dec 11, 2017, at 10:48 AM, InterN0T <intern0t AT protonmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting, do you have a proof of concept supporting that desktop PCs without remote administration such as AMT, can still be reached remotely via Intel ME?
> Besides Intel ME there is also the AMD version, which people seem to forget about or even discuss.
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: Re: [tor-talk] company devised process to disable Intel Management Engine
>> Local Time: December 11, 2017 8:50 AM
>> UTC Time: December 11, 2017 7:50 AM
>> From: ktr-theonionrouter AT dea.spamcon.org
>> To: tor-talk AT lists.torproject.org
>>> On 12/10/2017 7:01 PM, InterN0T wrote:
>>> Keep in mind that just because you have a laptop that uses an Intel processor, doesn't necessarily mean that you also have Intel ME enabled by default. I don't think my laptops support this feature unless I've missed something that someone can enlighten me about.
>> No, today it's in virtually all Intel processors used in desktops and
>> laptops. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine .
>> Most consumer PCs don't have ME firmware that supports remote management
>> features such as AMT. But even consumer PCs still have running ME
>> firmware which still does various stuff and has almost total access and
>> control of your PC. The ME firmware has an API that can be called from
>> Windows (I don't know about Linux, but I'd be really surprised) to have
>> the ME do things like decryption.
>> tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk AT lists.torproject.org
>> To unsubscribe or change other settings go to
> tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk AT lists.torproject.org
> To unsubscribe or change other settings go to
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk AT lists.torproject.org
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to