[public-dns-discuss] Conflicting reports on 172.253.215.0/24 geo location

Hi,

I've had an issue where UK users pointing to 8.8.8.8 for DNS are not getting properly geo located by our DNS load balancer.  The issue is very intermittent but we were able to reproduce it.  Logs on our appliance show 172.253.215.11 to be making the query.  Our DNS loadbalancer uses a Maxmind database for geo location services.  Maxmind and many others show the address to be US based.  That makes sense since the user in UK is getting the US VIP address for the name he is trying to query when he should be getting the UK VIP address.  According to https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq and https://www.iplocation.net/ 172.253.215.11 is a Brussels address.  When i look at the following tools online I get a US location for the same address.  There seems to be quite a bit of conflict.  Can someone explain this and if there is a work in progress to get this sorted?

https://www.ultratools.com/tools/ipWhoisLookup
https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/172.253.215.11
https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo
https://tools.keycdn.com/geo?host=172.253.215.11