[public-dns-discuss] service available on port other than 53 ?

I have dnsmasq installed and working. It's configured to forward requests to IP=8.8.8.8 port=53. Problem is, my ISP intercepts all packets with a destination port of 53 and changes their destination IP address, so my requests go elsewhere and never actually reach 8.8.8.8. What should I change my dnsmasq config to (I assume some alternate port number)?

thanks!