[public-dns-discuss] CNAME issues

Hi All,

I have a query for which I would need your expertise.

I have a domain named blueboxlocal.com.
I have an A record "kix". Its resolving fine.

I want to create an alias(CName) by the name 'kix-' and when I ping it, it should resolve as kix-blueboxlocal.com.

I have been trying this but it resolves to kix-.blueboxlocal.com.

So, My query is
CName should resolve to kix-blueboxlocal.com instead of kix-.blueboxlocal.com.

Please advise at the earliest.

Thanks,
Kaustubh Kumar