[public-dns-discuss] Re: google dns not resolving https://че-по-чем.рф

You can't enter a full URL (with https:// and URL path name) for DNS queries, you can only provide the domain.

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 1:33:07 PM UTC-5, my.brai... AT gmail.com wrote:
Hey guys, https://че-по-чем.рф is not resolving when using google dns, but other dns'es are working, if you could look into that it would be great, thanks!.

{
  "Status": 3,
  "Question": [
    {
      "name": "https://xn-----mlcc9ajg5df.xn--p1ai/.",
      "type": 1
    }
  ],
}

At least here in the US, it is resolving for me. You might be having issues in other parts of the world, but you need to enter just the domain.

Result for xn-----mlcc9ajg5df.xn--p1ai/A with DNSSEC validation:

{
  "Status": 0,
  "TC": false,
  "RD": true,
  "RA": true,
  "AD": false,
  "CD": false,
  "Question": [
    {
      "name": "xn-----mlcc9ajg5df.xn--p1ai.",
      "type": 1
    }
  ],
  "Answer": [
    {
      "name": "xn-----mlcc9ajg5df.xn--p1ai.",
      "type": 1,
      "TTL": 21599,
      "data": "85.95.167.32"
    }
  ],
  "Comment": "Response from 194.58.117.18."
}