[public-dns-discuss] Re: edns esc blacklisted by google ?

Vasil wrote:
Seems like the issue affects RU region mostly. Google Public DNS is making no-ECS requests towards our DNS servers located in Russia (it looks like the source is in Finland according to geo bases). Probably the issue is not related to our implementation. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I can confirm that our resolvers in Finland represent most of the ones that have been failing to auto-detect ECS support from your name servers.

Updated at https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/117266745#comment3.

TL;DR your authoritative servers are rate limiting our resolvers in Finland, which serve essentially all of the traffic from Russia. Once you stop rate limiting for the source address ranges of LPP IATA airport code in our locations published at https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/faq#locations you will get full ECS data.