[public-dns-discuss] Re: using 'dig @8.8.8.8 +subnet', edns0-client-subnet not working

Some services which send client IP addresses to authoritative name servers don't accept client-provided ECS. This is true as a matter of policy for OpenDNS (which correctly returns a response without ECS to indicate this).  Google Public DNS does accept client provided ECS but for technical reasons is not able to do so at many locations. If you use DNS over HTTPS, either directly or through the interactive dns.google.com web page, you can see the results for queries from the specific addresses, if all you need to do is confirm proper operation of ECS from your authoritative server.

From my checks, it appears that we are sending ECS to most AliDNS authoritative servers from most (but not all) locations.