[public-dns-discuss] Re: Google DNS on 8.8.8.8 not showing selected domains

Alex thanks for the reply

Sorry domain name brrra.uk should have been what I typed, but I guess your response would have been the same.

I find that mysteriously the google dns is now working.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\martin>nslookup sfmes.co.uk
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    sfmes.co.uk
Address:  88.208.249.25

C:\Users\martin>

Considering the number of other identical sounding DNS problems on other tickets, is this not a suggestion that there is something a bit flakey with the google dns service?

This is not an outage I would like to recur so any understanding of what has been going on would be appreciated.  At the very least, surely google could actually respond electronically with a detailed explanation of the difficulty it was having.  Eg web based url on google somewhat akin to nslookup+tracert  but which provides some diagnostics that might lead to an understanding of this issue

Martin