[public-dns-discuss] Re: Google DNS on 8.8.8.8 not showing selected domains

Alex

Many thanks your note

Firstly my bad, brrra.uk is the name of the other domain - but I guess the same result you found would apply.

Now there has been no break of service on the server at all for several weeks at all, not even a server restart so there is no possible outage on that service; unless google refuses to serve a DNS for a domain that does not have two separate DNS servers.  Is that possible?

I see from your results that the DNS did not respond.  However, still we have
So the question is why does your test have a problem.  If you were using the google DNS within the investigation to find the server then clearly DNS doesn't work so it would defeat the test.  However from somewhere you got to the correct IP addresses for the domains.

So the nub of the question is why did the server appear or actually not respond.

I can do a ping 88.208.248.73 and get a response. Can you?  If not please could you provide a tracert.

One thing that might stop you getting through is perhaps the firewall on the server.  What is your IP address so I can check if it has been blocked. I have already checked the nslookup for the three _netblocks used by google and can confirm none of these are blocked.

Does the fault you encounter also occur when doing a test on an environment completely clear of google's infrastructure?

Kind regards

Martin