[public-dns-discuss] Google DNS on 8.8.8.8 not showing selected domains

Several websites I manage have been working OK for ages.  Now, and for the last couple of weeks,  bbbra.uk  sfmes.co.uk and would-france.co.uk no longer show in the google DNS at 8.8.8.8

However it is correctly registered and works fine on other DNS servers (eg virgin media)

I have checked with MXTOOLBOX which reports all OK and likewise on several other DNS testers.  I have checked with Fasthosts support (the host for these sites) and they confirm that all DNS is in order at our end.  They have had a ticket and investigated the problem and cannot find any malfunction at our end.

So as there are no explanatory messages for the omission anywhere, it is impossible to see a way forward

Any suggestions?

(both reports done in the last 10 minutes but have been this way for weeks)
EG  google DNS

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\martin>nslookup sfmes.co.uk
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to google-public-dns-a.google.com timed-out

C:\Users\martin>

However this loads ok on virgin media DNS

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Martin>nslookup sfmes.co.uk
Server:  cache1.service.virginmedia.net
Address:  194.168.4.100

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    sfmes.co.uk