[public-dns-discuss] Re: My Domain compraensanjuan.com cannot resolve from public dns google

Hi Ricardo,

When I try to resolve your domain compraensanjuan.com at various locations within Google, it seems like we are getting timeouts on our queries, and are sometimes unable to get addresses for your name servers (which are in the compraensanjuan.com.AR domain) so that we can query them.

$ checkdelegation compraensanjuan.com
parent zone com:
compraensanjuan.com. 172800 NS ns2.compraensanjuan.com.ar.
compraensanjuan.com. 172800 NS ns1.compraensanjuan.com.ar.

$ nsips compraensanjuan.com
ns1.compraensanjuan.com.ar  13770 A    198.72.112.195 ; www.compraensanjuan.com [AS32613]
ns2.compraensanjuan.com.ar  14399 A    174.142.57.200 ; host.compraensanjuan.com [AS32613]

$ checkdelegation compraensanjuan.com.ar
parent zone com.ar:
compraensanjuan.com.ar. 3600 NS ns2.compraensanjuan.com.ar.
compraensanjuan.com.ar. 3600 NS ns1.compraensanjuan.com.ar.
ns1.compraensanjuan.com.ar. 3600 A 198.72.112.195
ns2.compraensanjuan.com.ar. 3600 A 174.142.57.200

If you add these name server addresses also to the compraensanjuan.com domain, like this:

ns1.compraensanjuan.com.  172800 A    198.72.112.195
ns2.compraensanjuan.com.  172800 A    174.142.57.200

and add these name server names to your domain registration for compraensanjuan.com we can get your name server addresses directly from the .COM name servers, and don't have to query the .COM.AR name servers as well.

I would strongly recommend that you set up additional secondary nameservers for your domain (dns.he.net offers very good coverage, and is free) - you would need to allow the he.net nameserver IP (216.218.130.2) permission to AXFR zone transfer your domains (See https://forums.he.net/index.php?topic=1006.0 and elsewhere at dns.he.net for instructions about that side) and arrange for your primary name server to send NOTIFY when you make changes.

Then you would need to add the additional he.net nameservers to your domain registration in addition to ns*.compraensanjuan.com.

This expanded nameserver configuration will improve the reliability (by adding name servers on a second network AS number) and reduce resolution delays for your domain not only through Google Public DNS, but worldwide through any resolver.