[public-dns-discuss] Help an absolute noob

So basically i only now got to know about dns settings and all of this, so I've changed my dns settings on my win 10 laptop to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, that's all I've done, do i need to change the ip configurations as well or do ANYTHING else? Help would be appreciated.