[public-dns-discuss] Is Google Public DNS deployed with root server copies on loopback? (RFC7706)

Hi, there.

Recently I've noticed RFC7706 (Decreasing access time to root servers by running one on loopback) proposed by Google and ICANN, in which "a copy of the full root zone" can be run on the loopback address of recursive resolvers, in order to decrease RTT of a request. This RFC was published in 2015.

So out of curiosity, I'm wondering if Google Public DNS is deployed with this technique?
I'm assuming the answer to be yes. When issuing "non-recurse" lookups of domains under randomly generated non-existent TLDs to 8.8.8.8, it returns NXDOMAIN, already knowing the TLDs do not exist without talking to root servers (this is what "non-recurse" lookups do).

If it's not the case, how does Google DNS know whether a TLD exists or not without talking to root servers?