[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Markets in Assassination?
- From: Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: Markets in Assassination?
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 15:57:46 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=20161025 header.b=G7PdPzUB; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:cc:to:subject:message-id:date :from:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:dkim-signature :delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=c25GQpiSVEISkk3UFCWolUmjd4+mGNiiItS2CJZtMkw=; b=cSmTA/TK7FdJ+dPEG/vIpYeczAgy8yHFxcsclIGNkriXRWGUp/6y7zg9BzQwV7NFRv ipgk8fW62TD/7p4IWt7dZ5pT0ZWO1vWQ6FqfS3v+prSLXmIPTP4YfuON1YBhhuoO3kle 4YZFfXWCiEuSEyNDHTS+2zCxWL7h4R3Sj9L0jO6DbI7fjvTIjIXKB6PCs7lkr2yunr0C MSSyuTojh78RMVl0HZj7s0WwV0kixdn8fs7cEic1sRfA7rO63GI3YktsaBKt8480Yq1d iTr42AhfpMR/Z1n81WkN9Xur9L4fjwGbc2JDecKrGTCWaHhSBkChvvUiwgx4cID+4hLO PJUQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1532732373; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=wjHOsmQJpuPFidOQjs0OgLMydmVD0YIteemVQz0CjOyLPP/SvhD2D+Ut1HFWWcVLn2 zDQ7dl3WywDmIEnDSmgz0Nu+qnfcGHeILKK3J+NAcW+EGeV0ELr4fJHVbwNxS5a1mf7A moHDjINzW8shyxiJghiMWAiESnU2aDqqqeleS9EkNFwvIpKH96GxMNkdzrQS6YGHs06V mlxdzGkrMEidaOxSXBLsoPXxyQXfVAn1mTqgl1QRdb9GTYvqeuIIz6TgDiLZDZxct8xZ /iqFgbjNafBG3dFD2Ij8pTr0DLqfsNzFC99s5ewMTiYJxFJ7orO9JY3QcuK9E1CNMkUX xfbQ==
- Cc: cypherpunks <cypherpunks AT lists.cpunks.org>
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: Mirimir <mirimir AT riseup.net>
If they didn't get on #45's death but only him not being in office at year end I don't see the legal issue.
On 07/27/2018 03:27 PM, jim bell wrote:
> Markets in Assassination? Everybody Panic!!
> July 27, 2018
> Declan McCullagh,
> This week's media scare arose after a single person used the Augur protocol to bet on whether President Donald Trump would survive 2018, and that person apparently placed the bet on a lark after a Twitter discussion.
Any bets on when this person will be in jail? I mean, Twitter ain't so
anonymous, being typically linked to mobile accounts. And neither is
Ethereum, it seems, in that it relies on UDP, which Tor doesn't handle.
> The foundation has tried to distance itself from unlawful uses of Augur, stressing on its website that it "has no power to censor, restrict, or curate markets, orders, trades, positions or resolutions on the Augur protocol contracts." Earlier this week, it formally relinquished its ability to shut down the network. Now the fate of Augur, and of its associated prediction markets, now in the hands of its users.
Indeed. Many of whom will be pwning themselves.
> [end of article]
> Jim Bell