[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [TOUGH QUESTIONS] State or individual - which should be master? - Zerowedgie
- From: juan <juan.g71 AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: [TOUGH QUESTIONS] State or individual - which should be master? - Zerowedgie
- Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 02:56:17 -0300
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=20161025 header.b=j9shFLFD; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version:references:in-reply-to:subject:to:from:date:message-id :dkim-signature:delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=Y58feXPHTRNGvbTETDNf7DT4wpH9dyc60nu+gtpL90Q=; b=ZudpFes0adWDy1aCcyz6rujUuDjG4F9KP+ewjBmtSgHnUfhP4QFw2B0swQU3t6EHs1 xqvhF0DpPgrl0teXV72w8ruwf0A5XXxvrSMf2WGxiKINvwA920IRFa4feRuQYZtvi+Os hAW9IotHlZaIvOZ0OsJK8tG8yF9DL42LKdbebo48sAmbP5bPbeoWgMIyqypB/IGG7WvO FEzSxe59Nn1iOObYQFI1Q2ULVjCxwcyewxU28oR70wMvei9X5OB+PzBiCI7T/QFEz37b 5+knuzkwJ9t7UerPOJKkFgEVx77FRpwXxV8jnfzOmlXuaEgRpaa/uKnoyY6jgcegT00K tAFQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1532497913; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=q2hZHM5xhligcDFoYdPbfEaybazP7Xq4ZTBFM5nkKqL99ljgY0wLJyzQmOXOBNCz9t sfn885YCXmuB10J+8ysagCKk4K2ndPPvG3PgO5MMAk2OYacly1QObaGbz8YjH9pKjPPT SKIVCVhl/3mG5sU6nd4sdbkvD96t7s8HkH0igQCClzQy2qmRhrKWssopHpKULc/b+OYo SU9aUqEFaRRmR5PTW0aov0zqtHz/YS0pkwPXxkDiJvz5cUgk+FzcEutFzRgEpKsIEuW5 uST9vIk4WeRtHx/R7LDf70Jwx+rq6fL+kHC4IX0APudmC8OGlDqYHN2mJq3SQACXrlgp cLGQ==
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: cp <cypherpunks AT cpunks.org>
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 05:06:01 -0500
John Newman <jnn AT synfin.org> wrote:
> On July 23, 2018 3:42:49 PM CDT, juan <juan.g71 AT gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:03:18 +1000
> >Zenaan Harkness <zen AT freedbms.net> wrote:
> >> ∙ the state direct democracy anarchy/ism
> > so what is 'direct democracy'? A bunch of statists who can 'directly
> >vote' on how to abuse their betters?
> > unless you give some actual specification for 'direct democracy'
> In sci-fi by Alistair Reynolds there is a certain faction called the Demarchists (or demarchy, but doesn't have the same connotation as the English word) - they all get a neural implant at birth that automatically polls them on every conceivable issue in their particular community, eventually it sort of faids to a low background noise in their head.... And they all vote, on everything. I think it would drive you fucking insane but its a type of (speculative) "direct democracy".
And the author presents it as good, bad, or he remains impartial to it?
Anyway, that sort of mechanism seems like a wet dream for people interested in turning (other) people into the most 'efficient' cogs for 'society'.
> >(which is just another for of statism anyway) you are not saying much,
> >if anything.