[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH
- From: grarpamp <grarpamp AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 20:04:40 -0400
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=20161025 header.b=p8YwSqeu; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:to:subject:message-id:date:from :references:in-reply-to:mime-version:dkim-signature:delivered-to :arc-authentication-results; bh=E2zIFrmu0TuAH0IhevtokqZDRZXSNl7DaqDhfsThRa8=; b=BqCf+5O1Q7/JH+cS3uW/R/n4u7Sjdw+LnHujdUNhLhXHtV8bZZWMqy1DEMvWmoWEA4 9orKK1NRc9yW5Y8gFpKnR/JZg3SZVT/AlTMZk0nFnlVZdBsxDXhFbELV264fSOWuNklN kqLWKfpB+IRJN5wwJ8geCUDwLO2VibwafxmWruCkowiIjCrElFJ24HgFhhYDMe6kFrwb 0SBwCQT3omkVFoIIxdj/eo6m+3GOyfYPIu7ahwm1YhO1LpTmvHyqQJnmtLGvH0LDJFGy 0SRWGEzc0nOx6jK8VvYoLOj/cs29PyF4ABxnI2n0EEHvMfNGo0VNhkeuc04KWFsawVbG p+Ug==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1532218015; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=yA1/YcABndUTD6fJLOkPbOATff1PpHwSCSyjPhyKAlZSUNo04m9qj5IpenU+mNCYB6 TArCQ281vdHGe8q6nah8z1bv0t5FoAlCtBDSA8Xkmr6dccix+hVvIfY2t9nSviGDdgo2 DXgD5N7QV5Rva0lW9Bhx5lGsmF+4WW1QBGMe3GZCn0mGAyTUgYuA9BAiWjTnBLIdLIBI FprfqJx8TXuluDUK9CULyUGl8KibvX/Olb3v3gqKzrBjFwAO9P3OJ8BfPyT8KBYlVBx7 xYwpx0cYwypZdhUxZ/ZO1kEoiPZm7I/WuBiA6iXiD3MJz1NC8exQhJNDEb7vK2e3iPan Dsag==
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: Cpunks List <cypherpunks AT cpunks.org>
On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 7:29 PM, Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com> wrote:
> assets which haven't moved since the early days of a blockchain (e.g., Satochi/Finney
Everybody likes to trot out this early bagholder FUD to scare adoption.
In reality, even assuming 2M out of the extant 16.5M BTC are still out
there as some scary FUD, that's only 12% of the coin on a total sell,
nothing more than the recent 12% drop in most global fiat markets,
assuming all 16.5M coin were to be on market at that time.
And it will be distributed out to many many buyers on the buy side,
thus ending its sole point of influence forever, which has been diminishing
due to issuance since day one.
Cryptos have lost 80+%, and recovered to surpass, many times in the past.
One last stupid panic and rebound is nothing.
So treat that FUD and its spreaders as properly irrelavant.
And worry more about what you're doing to push dev and adoption
far ahead of the real threats to cryptocurrency.
> and new blockchain pre-mining).
Pre-mining: largely aka exit scams... without proper governance and
spending models that is. At least some coins are doing reasonably
well with those two aspects.