[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Monopolies are made by government and they can easily be broken by them too
- From: Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: Monopolies are made by government and they can easily be broken by them too
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 18:30:37 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=20161025 header.b=QKW4piPE; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 22.214.171.124 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:cc:to:subject:message-id:date :from:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:dkim-signature :delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=uAc0OG6wGU6b7GeEKXehNvcituGIvkVAPxiZ2yP7ja8=; b=UjJCfnHGxAdw2d7LQefZSVcpT0LGbxgcz2Bt7y4VaiL0vhklL7s0t36/TdwZQSNaVW tBpFqQ7V37MnbPzxaTqYywsKs+ZR453bndG8WPSvu7w2gTmai3sKlY+iyHeIe3D8fEv2 yLeVdPJmPBMuf2zw7MMBH3fMoiXGiOndPPRNoSiVKpbcMQAMVTlAZx92age99QN2CNx5 sDMmgXfm+EkLAh/of0e4Gmsd3dkGpM0YYPNcJlZLGR9VPsFy339+40PzLgb2j09hBqaV 6P0Lyht6kxWHAl4c27IIXELBUNNJo7gXqzhuHOMcUHMwmrbCV0cVzReoYAHCPpTgWdq/ bYyA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1532136748; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=YDRA8cNkg48aMgtGzLUJfvhZ+/XdBmraKjwCL/hwzqLkezPmNE9FWGgqVIikQyD9BV 1TiFx0oBmwb/PglTt9lorhX2Z17A+borFNXsZg7kwedqtJG9s8ODwFSQv+bH51G+RwNd x6LrlFOkNTcN9+HjDa3rqGyQ7tuBm9QMstcbJX8ul2i+08JFZYMNg50dgwBT3BecOJMR Aap3HCqeh40MJsMHtldkbSQXLyjMlDNPRaBZzzlJCknDOuro49dkUpF6oTCM/FT928YD 4XVaxfJul+3tXsNbVhIRg3xZaNmbrotn3jBly34EdHy/xLn9VdsfA9CX9sgbvQcYmTBo UkmQ==
- Cc: cypherpunks <cypherpunks AT lists.cpunks.org>
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: Juan <juan.g71 AT gmail.com>
The way I think this could work is legislatures should establish a "friction-free" market penetration percentage (the point at which the difficulty of a participant great lessens due to network effects). When a participant exceeds this threshold their market competitors can sue in federal court to have the market leader stripped of their IP used in that market.
On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 16:06:00 -0700
Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of fining Google, if the EU really wants to set and example of how
> to reign in monopolies, they should recind the IP privilege they granted
> Google by stripping them of their copyrights (and perhaps patents).
strip them of patents, copyright and throw the assholes in jail...for being an arm of the government? Hmmm. Not likely to happen.
So the government 'fines' google, and google pays using the money they steal from the public. Guess what? among many other criminal activties, google is a tax collector.