[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Life, Death, and Encryption: An Introduction to the Pursuance Project
- From: Mirimir <mirimir AT riseup.net>
- Subject: Re: Life, Death, and Encryption: An Introduction to the Pursuance Project
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:16:35 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=squak header.b=cd+xLORW; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=riseup.net
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:content-transfer-encoding :content-language:in-reply-to:mime-version:date:message-id:autocrypt :openpgp:from:references:to:subject:dkim-signature:delivered-to :arc-authentication-results; bh=FQdeOdj6FZD94y1LdIEDTXtnX9B8le/WKFtV4Cxz9WA=; b=mRk1fQm0Tqz9asB46umnzPxvMqz4M6WH+CS/JtICCALMyZ//CecZSSFt6w4cPRPNna OsBoBKjHMAi+quj50WwSJrLBcxzRdDmpx3MtHjjk+ANoh1U8TFfLBTxQlhrb0E6nvqMK w7oWBw5jzDKr5ZrSdFwCPvXepECDDyKqfNV/rEPkp+oyxXgcCrFpQo2wklz4bJ7Fe+La A7hcvmhvzpaZhituO0VooCVlel/r4IhgC0nM8hO7XScfuwvXSSMC84G3C3ar/atUQ0vI gMa2cOg7dRJld30p8ZJqTuuT9aNqmdOb1/zL/BPCzVUoiPBSgY8IvtZqzoz4zp+2dfVP aY/Q==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1531531033; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=i7XmRkfVLrfGZSdPwzB8KB8wEY3FRSDTbcYv1MIHwn2thWo5Ikft+7t2OS2LZs1Mh5 W5EBCvR2vDNzc3tDojExMW2mliP0UMlkt2J6RgJ32bFnaet+gQxye0TRNtzhdnq1Sqf6 SBnkZgREhO83jtWNQCojAa2UQekYZTdcRhf2y03IXZAX/V3726ld+AMdeVbtpJEd95rS CUvVb68BgwublVUWXuP7vf20Pvq4pCqvZlBCOvE6n+w4ZmbqWMNoKa2Q8XAS4Bah/gST UoL5tz7ixy4Fk7mmx/lzLgo1s/mIG9h0XCZtMLLZ4AqLqEZWZ3Dll+CyWbDmmMCNzf0t QpzQ==
- Autocrypt: addr=mirimir AT riseup.net; prefer-encrypt=mutual; keydata= xsBNBFEN49cBCADWl1VZKYO8L+f/65G2nBWzh41VTAZDcJSxMWXrBSvpJzzLt6sJf0L0Rjmy W4VPxJMCm/32auRAp8Xx1iNmBpvYENSM1YJVWfk43tlSOY8CR3TVODMxWPhUu48Pb9OKSntz WHGwdZmOr14zF9vr4PaS9A6+Hyt9FPKuGcQFw7K8jK1Hpp5XgdY/DMHKeaJykJ8JH1HBTFTT OJdxIWu6cZ+spNaNfKdnNjk98hMPw69isVGzcm7b3lJUsjVnMSqnrtZ8CSIv1njyxJH7NB5n LzrE7EiXR37k+4Poc9/DeLSAKrq5N3ZMpX1EDOoXFa8lLVGWHBTwVN/tl7FLM0NmVuL5ABEB AAHNHG1pcmltaXIgPG1pcmltaXJAcmlzZXVwLm5ldD7CwIEEEwECACsCGyMGCwkIBwMCBhUI AgkKCwQWAgMBAh4BAheAAhkBBQJafNQ7BQkNMVdkAAoJEGINZVEXwuQ+5LoIAKyZQDkNqj+Y E26o1bdEQlmOLhhXev45euNCnaFrnbOyKLivHdF4vvXyWBTzJmCsoRxTJ0A3Zmwa3ZihbKaU FCAdRgspLfA+TGICVYOztB+faWV18k5OTCk7ZiBQ/mOMQA4p3RPOV+UCgdelvZRHrFdUgHro dho/FqZhRoPdsPPB08QBisDO7SfFMMe9U9EZ03n4f2TvMgaTjK/kZCopwgLj2nB11SnCYfWJ jxUFDs+VFObf/jSK8T0SX9O6p430NWZm30vutUVac9lfodMjBcJqTnFxmZrwQomlCYGvSqNw 4Xy5+/gBzv/flXHngQSU053smHRtrMlGK5OU1RSixDfOwE0EUQ3j1wEIAMDcexhcaIO5jpl+ SHM14zuBvF2QG61IpH4Lag6nQmSMTljizuJg2kLaLbfc69AxmjuL5obqYi5ywXn4kQKqiwfa OHvVlKn662/J5YgXuc8tRLyqvgb+hibtAnlhWAuusP0eoQQP6SAASRjtrb8RVapTzJXy2Snf PtkcdtkTLLLcyeGoDOkpPkspnnp8avvI9ayzhGFLg9qNWaIuBMudxT6oHK4rZH+Sv6km9viI /ziV6E8Z+PpvMsGdebeYBLQA7ueuTbyOGbDyProwvocrKynI/UM40VYS8bS1PjWtljUlj7Vx 8C/746hnfdge0m24jnaWfu5UDjwpsHzs/JXqklsAEQEAAcLAZQQYAQIADwIbDAUCWnzURgUJ DTFXbwAKCRBiDWVRF8LkPsCjCACNvnnmpcDwEbtXUFZD/+ewNlPfM9o0mIXgi7DIVR9MVCw/ u14+mJUlQny4jPRV+hv/erjbiqEcVPZ296J3I4kUvO4slI+ZyODsRQSzwMz6ihwC6nN1xove YSBzVKKQrV+FDHVk6dJVLtgPdewOR9ZAar7mEbCLTJZ/e5aVb+NrlC1jWx3V3mMGCKOsEHhu 97cu3AswlxhzqPjczTo3rjtcfxdjeGU6mIEEAlhUlVDdfbGLODIyCXrP39zYxYXFFpVcbGAu +cndl1AQkIXUiMoJuzTMU8TQ+zz8yLof9fB7Y8O8VbmZBPQqN2IiHPeGbfqZjk/uHjJQUayI +beL0kxL
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: cypherpunks AT lists.cpunks.org
Hey, only $4606 to go (at 90.4%).
On 07/12/2018 12:53 PM, The Cryptosphere wrote:
> Just the messenger here. I've been doing some ad-hoc volunteering with
> Barrett Brown's Pursuance Project and their Kickstarter is 75% funded with
> three days to go. They can make this happen, but they need help. Press
> release below, blog post here:
> and Kickstarter here:
> Is your life or liberty at risk, merely because you report the truth?
> Because you are in contact with those who seek to change the world, whose
> lives are also at risk? According to Human Rights Watch, the answer is yes,
> and sadly, the risk is not limited to distant dictatorships, but exists
> even in so-called “bastions of freedom” like Canada and the US. Earlier
> this week an American congressman introduced the “Unmasking ANTIFA Act”
> which would criminalize protests and speech against the government.
> That is why National Magazine Award-winning journalist and digital rights
> activist Barrett Brown has created The Pursuance Project, an ambitious
> suite of interconnected tools for creating, assigning, tracking, and
> (optionally) publicizing team efforts, all protected by military-grade
> end-to-end zero-knowledge encryption. Simply put, it offers virtual
> conference rooms, calls, video, text, project management, all in as safe a
> digital environment as humans can create. Pursuance staffers cannot see
> what goes on in your Pursuance unless you make them team members. Neither
> can any government, nor anyone you do not invite. Think of the protection
> SecureDrop offers journalists and sources, but with that kind of security
> extended to your team communications, emails, texts, and more.
> And it’s free.
> In order to cover the development costs, Pursuance has a Kickstarter,
> currently 75% funded and nearing completion this Sunday, July 15. With the
> last ten thousand in sight, and the limited-edition rewards flying out,
> we’re thrilled to announce that Pursuance founder Barrett Brown will be a
> speaker at the HOPE (Hackers On Planet Earth)conference in New York July
> 20-22nd, and was a guest on this Wednesday’s OTH (Off The Hook) radio
> broadcast on WBAI-FM and podcast, both presented by the hacker “Emmanuel
> Goldstein” aka Eric Corley, known for founding 2600, The Hacker Quarterly
> back in 1984, and for his role in the film Hackers.
> “We’re not asking for money so we can solve a specific problem. We’re
> asking for money so we can enable people to solve all of them.”
> Barrett Brown
> Barrett is an infinitely-quotable raconteur who was once accused of being a
> “fameball” by Gawker. Pursuance technical lead Steve Phillips is also a
> good interview, and can take these complex concepts and translate them into
> simple and compelling English.
> “No activist should have to entrust their life to Facebook. No one should
> have to choose between security and the ability to organize large numbers
> of people. No one should have to use platforms designed to waste your time
> in the course of trying to make their lives count. When Pursuance launches,
> things will be different.”
> Barrett Brown
> The stakes are high. This is our world now: a world where your own DMs,
> PMs, texts, and even your face, can be the biggest threat to your freedom.
> Help us change that. Help us spread the word about Pursuance. Help us
> create a better future for activism, for action, for journalism, for
> privacy, and for basic human rights.
> Pursuance Project Contacts:
> Contact: team AT pursuanceproject.org / +47 407 67 074 For interviews with
> Barrett or his core team please contact Pursuance at
> onray AT pursuanceproject.org / Raymond Johansen +47 407 67 074
> The Pursuance Board of Directors includes luminaries from the worlds of
> whistleblowing, digital privacy, documentary filmmaking, human rights
> activism, and more: Thomas Drake, Birgitta Jonsdottir, Mano Singham, Alex
> Winter, John Kiriakou, Robert Tynes, Jay Leiderman, Barry Eisler, Russ
> Baker, and Raymond Johansen.
> Lorraine Murphy