[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
We must preserve the Cypherpunks Mailing List archives! IMPORTANT!
- From: Tom Busby <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: We must preserve the Cypherpunks Mailing List archives! IMPORTANT!
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 21:46:01 +0200
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=20150623 header.b=HL786Z1A; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:to:subject:message-id:date:from :mime-version:dkim-signature:delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=H1AG9r/OmiJV4LopK08s/zRfoxjeZF0JMTC7852HRcM=; b=l+BCJFqQfjt4sbSYPUhHAEWuApoVfqOMQvM11s5oc+iFcGUHXNKd0TJN72rMnQUtFA yxRTQ/ajo1GvZHphEAwkk+E8b9OdZ58JKi8+/x2skQL1P1/GenEIqspiBQP2fMSJ8SYd ONM4DnDJxFbk8xnOzPmtKFGNne/cwM+Nn9TDFjK2StwUXz5BvLLtrCFvVbCs+/jVoaK5 iq2C/KrdfTFc8AeSuF0C1KNSrhRpj+r3ygKy7m+EqYeoTuALcFbPC0g+3jZ2xm45mJK9 XiWu+nagb3QVfjq6H7nTmkRriOVWw1kMdZzEfk/bYINgia7AqabL4b3UieIp+n2aNPNg A7HQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1530820063; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=Lpqq2UdtKxqL2Rcw8qJF/iHOKnNcSf/zZ6ttIP5OfWcWNWVbRuz6+ib6PRouE6tuhH xI69qsWg01OQ3+K/5659TpPwrtQWl6fF+rb2v6RntEzhkdiNswUXA3cu/+1SXXbm2AyH Zie+2z92KISYvolydm3UogHW+dOi/WD15fZvPJKm+ZHaerOlO6uVsUdpxoNLhgpENclZ 0R+EQjlVHzOIKygKQDFExuBtoTMIhx/2nBSfBuiQzoeorVHkp2M7hzKo6pslS/73Y5Mj 6qOccv75HvpNjUCLHxVzOy5tWJ1wXWh9ISkPKyopmkOR2RS3YFd+zJfev0WTFMJPqRGK 8vyw==
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: cypherpunks AT cpunks.org
I've written a blog post about this with further details if anyone is interested:
The primary reason I'm sending this email is to appeal to those of you who have been active on the list since before July 2013 (when the switch to GNU Mailman occurred) and to those of you who know now-inactive subscribers who may also have this information.
There is a total black hole in terms of available archived threads from early 1999 to mid 2013. I've contacted the guy who ran the al-qaeda.net
node and dug around in the way back machine trying to locate these archives. No luck so far.
I'm worried this information will be lost permanently if a concerted effort isn't made to preserve it now, while some of it is perhaps still preserved on people's hard drives. I have no doubt that some (maybe most) of the threads from the early 2000s may already be lost permanently.
Please get in touch if you think you can help out at all.