[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH
- From: juan <juan.g71 AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 17:32:34 -0300
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=20161025 header.b=aIld2JzA; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version:references:in-reply-to:subject:to:from:date:message-id :dkim-signature:delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=MFf0yTBYXFHit+BlEp3NtUQyRSxrlzFupMwyBCudCKY=; b=xWApyP7upSIkV11YQs6M7cYVzVT6IZNHVXUfC3lLUtLeBezKL/RkMrKB3KsyP/NtfQ V3tD82QZVKzK+ebrPdTn8HHRbzoGQd41nWOXedqXRr4xxPjj1DUEZ/RcFOZbGNJYvcKo k/dzTHlSwaQw9vl+NNU7j/T/nQf9iQBltXrK1MBM6ms/HiPTXkr7CF+RZ46yg2YaFfkN xFcidm9fgOL96oI5i27yRHIqDpandyPmOMj3E74WtD37NOIRA3Q11nprjZluttIGL2pr 2dZoizQa64cQjEh7gcp5xfrZgK3NXiiYCth088QPnCqwUQ4GcHGa4VW3yS+s8mk7Ud0c oCFw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1530674477; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=g65+iYg5iTq1DKleMZ1oD1efhNrB565GMmWdT77nj85p6Li8VrFvfpUTp0xoNJ697o BwmoQIGHPHo4WgOxL8fISoKffHl0GM4sWdkWBoTRaLWEwCxd2PsxwhwYgOk2LWzvt/B0 vNsYFKDukfjjCzcy6AI4EuAGw340sthX0wlaFoQefZoOpHr+LWHuhCVYzgpWKp0m/PrQ Ds1dlTyHHc6ycDilPC1oeKn82GbKENBoiN0UN39muW+LGO2hhkfDeCkrPnV64uQ8ynsf Xyk8Ovm3eKnGkLOiTJGG3qvJbFsXY9TdKEKxZtSuyxvzI5TH1xBrBFcIz28Ngw/ITUpm TgRw==
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: cp <cypherpunks AT cpunks.org>
On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 20:48:05 +0530
mark M <write2mark1 AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Couldn’t we just prune the old spent transactions in the blockchain and keep the chain and dB smaller
well, to verify new transactions you only need the UTXO set - problem is, in order to get the UTXO set you have to parse the whole transaction history starting from day zero.
you can run a prunning node, which only keeps the UTXO set, but that only saves storage space - you still need to process the whole blockchain at least once.
there doesn't seem to be an easy solution to the problem, otherwise it would have been adopted, I'd assume.
> > On Jul 3, 2018 at 6:58 AM, <juan (mailto:juan.g71 AT gmail.com)> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 17:50:02 -0700
> > Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I guess for you the article is a TL;DR. There was NOT a suggestion of
> > > simple confiscation. All one had to do, to prevent "reclamation", is to
> > > periodically move assets on the blockchain.
> > I know. So if you for whatever reason fail to move your funds they are stolen. Doesn't seem like a sensible protocol. Also, moving funds every a fixed period seems like a good way to make tracking easier?
> > Last but not least what do you gain by forcing people to create new UTXOs from existing UTXOs?? Most of the data in the ledger is old spent transactions which are mostly useless*, except they are needed to make sure the supply hasn't been tampered with.
> > *except for spying that is.