[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ANARCHY] Town posts armed guards to stop contraband entry
- From: Tom Busby <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [ANARCHY] Town posts armed guards to stop contraband entry
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 19:44:52 +0200
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=fail firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=20150623 header.b=DjbK+Zyf; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:cc:to:subject:message-id:date :from:references:in-reply-to:mime-version:dkim-signature :delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=+zyXRkgUCFnmd7OL1xUQElZvmZOxNat+KSKhQ2ntE8s=; b=S3VAPOw1L5ITJu0TG7oj3PVsEfrBjsE2XTi65QIl1J3ovU4yOlvtB7wFNOm/HPqr+o /0Vm1SIhrZhlRdUk3l5JTwxQIrWjxxW6mFxZcrgoAs2ixgv3nIJx63QXJs3MqgQSYZIu 7VIoi6TVdd1MILqMTbhZuYa9509BHFSF93hjEGUpCkL7PgG7JTVFjE5pfkIX1CakayY7 pPWP6p2alXQurCbDBFEtykbhyZfW1aFPPQgOU9sk83wtnxn3Q6Yep5RDmOmSExKPbCCi 3VMUDs4lMz0PxuuHQ5mfYx4V9GbWKqDc0SfXTWlJ5dtTheGQwPabjzx/9JD5EcXUldx/ zgSA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1530639987; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=ACa6P4JeQ8GwewLjiyZd0E/Y1C0QBm+Ykb4TE0Ueo8lOh0QblehMYBCQcoF0CEDBMD icv2QPzhHa9WSZQV0KZJaa2I4gkRxRi8Lege/CFyxMLs23rcrBPe+qBDOs/oWhK76t9h xEqUCHb4mdKDXR0MvfvtRrC5pvyFcuSDHyqyOvoe3ZtPMND26/pNfd/G8ivMeJ1eTbtV ItHoDuJn1sPSxSeVIpS4G9NvGX71+11QLCFGcGXcb+E5H5Wi2WfJ5sdx10YpDvSG6tng 70SPFVzCKZwQcJqugdHGTHnMk6dzBWOV5NT1hrUuk2npAKynPBEVr+BIz9PGEGrbaEHE VYJQ==
- Cc: cypherpunks <cypherpunks AT lists.cpunks.org>
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com>
I read about this too, it's not really a voluntary society in a libertarian sense.
From here is linked to a Vice article (and video) about this place:
If you watch the vid, one guy works as a professor at a technical university, and he gets nominated by his peers and elected to be one of the 12 "councilmen" or whatever they call it. It's notable that he doesn't have a choice in the matter and has to quit his university job for 25% salary as one of the councilmen.
If your neighbours decide you're standing for election, it doesn't seem you have a choice. If they then elect you, you don't have a choice either.