[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Satoshi Nakamoto: Thoughts on excerpt from Duality?
- From: Tom Busby <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Satoshi Nakamoto: Thoughts on excerpt from Duality?
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 17:19:11 +0200
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=20150623 header.b="Q9ZqHA/s"; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:cc:to:subject:message-id:date :from:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:dkim-signature :delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=Cyxx++Z6b5nJWw+UNjOZk3aRE54MKz4mXWBehN1bJ+s=; b=lusN0gvFtr/GSV/ueCjxia2AaAgeBKKC1GIF5TLqol1iwSY7k0BN4kVhbMGXsGDJF5 RFkd4GHRQB5b5gxT3yitJi5QPZbFwiBp0wAXoU3+JJikRT5yUjZkY37m62ChzvxPjvvP 9KpbBCcvB48iPtMEvuF4St9vf3TndI36Py7B87F2dFxur+hJsdwmZNCSeXUB969roCHl aEXUY30Yzn9UuENImd/1sR5sAwu9IMNPHIH4aTV4KKG3ou2iCQ1aexoCfjRdscLJCC/f sBcmkdoU15KHrRQ4ph6XQBUzHLfcDeo9dQoEd1k15PSl1Hsw7/GW/uElj+J8nmOk6a7C l2JQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1530631555; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=sl36nZs6ausXb1pxfv2c41Hn9uQYx22xK2YfmYePdka72HycHPwxvVzDKVDupMmd8Z kayKBThf8/vmf3KXlfNH5kOuNQPqPPyVcbUKbcq8O2yCoqNeiYO5EYXaC05fG8UZuCsI dki8HHnFgburyPSiaWeLu4FPeRXsxsiUtIlaY35i28iAWPfqB2CX/xestwTjpZzGUdZy tIGsK1+9sK2uEUJucsDqBFyPoO5jPRPW+RL8yS5QyShSWVBfhNtowW6IoA4nfzZZ8RiB 3L35Z2Byxg+ZQzvGzTECDpcjX0v3/EQtHLI0wfhv/tKMEONbvuHaihsTNBJszPKHFgjt xegw==
- Cc: cypherpunks AT lists.cpunks.org
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: Georgi Guninski <guninski AT guninski.com>
Tbf there are no (spendable) accounts which are known to be Satoshi for sure.
There's the genesis block reward (not spendable due to a quirk in the protocol), the address Satoshi used to send the first transaction to Hal Finney (was this really Satoshi? We don't know for sure) and there are a bunch of blocks that we strongly suspect were mined by Satoshi due to their characteristics (mainly the incrementing nonce value).
Something signed with the genesis block reward address's private key would be best proof... But still not perfect, since we don't really even know if Satoshi was the same person over time, or if the same person operated all the Satoshi email/forum accounts.
I don't believe this new pretender really is Satoshi though (or, hypothetically, any of the people who spoke as "Satoshi") because the writing style is way off. Satoshi was never a mystic. Satoshi never spoke in grand narratives either, just engineering pragmatism.
On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 03:56:19PM +0200, Tom Busby wrote:
> Satoshi actually never, ever signed anything cryptographically.
No problem. As a proof of identity I request 1337.7331 bitcoins from one
of their accounts ;)