[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH
- From: Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: Cryptocurrency: Rise of Bitcoin Cash BCH
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 16:29:15 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=20161025 header.b=rWS9GmMO; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:cc:to:subject:message-id:date :from:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:dkim-signature :delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=B1jPV91jWYRPu+MnCHdtPXRSltbvsfeQq/OqwI2/zoU=; b=A7sRCTFZ4G0EYD1xH4kCNEJW1YWKY+jnYCoLSnkca9ly+Vht0odPkkxJ9qE88xa7N4 Y/OvHsJ45LtmOG9mtDTyQ142O+5MEaqrWsbCaZfZGT3V0Cx+cokkJffWcNsxOhXivdsF fXhiOyOPPYGIJ1SVn5Rb13JlQMduTgPLsgYp7JNwpgk37xl5s+xZpi2ZCAVuglc67ohc hkIuumouMNUVYWhvSA5NkrFxUobp5qTnTj1FcAM6Z0G5ffCgFZ7f6wQ1AFwuX+pdtBKq 6FL+gzZMebHm3MmU2BI91nelnNptIWr7V/nEiJmELnae7i8QFKomOzPa2lIyaoBFnjFu +k0A==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1530574263; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=ZXRAcGrmPI1DBDnjms96MgZMCkUanOlFSHFNCJ9RVnhwsD4VYxFVm5vrZBb48bstvd lmVFteti66BPo1NfK4U4SYerr9O5/LhdcjRTikK6jC6ttWhj1Ya80ENIxqtVgsHofBfd tQoIq+FEcsjuig5hkZdDn/mS+MNFaAOhRwuk003vBAv+CJ4vSfijiLYvlkDHpQp0dnZ0 UxqrGtDbZi7v06rVgrB0uT2GWYwX9mjKEp+U7gtLuamC1BjO8TiNeZJmBj3FqnZB1KgZ JCwBQzN7RsQdLePfMd6YNFvm97v093i8TX84bxJ8wgCpsYWo4Hw8KtDWyybRlqGPGE4t uy9g==
- Cc: Cpunks List <cypherpunks AT cpunks.org>
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: Juan <juan.g71 AT gmail.com>
A rolling epoch, as suggested in the paper, not only helps keep the blockchain length tractable it also prevents "submarining" from assets which haven't moved since the early days of a blockchain (e.g., Satochi/Finney and new blockchain pre-mining).
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 06:49:04 -0700
Steven Schear <schear.steve AT gmail.com> wrote:
> In 2013, a paper I contributed to offered a solution to the ever growing
> blockchain delema: a finite epoch. The solution is similar the one Chaum
> used on Digicash. It would fix, temporally, the blockchain to include only
> transactions for the past 2 years,
and what happens to funds older than 2 years?
"Any money still held from transactions in these blocks would be freed up, and released back to the network in the form of a lottery."
lolwut - that's trolling, right? =)
> for example, thus creating a blockchain
> of tractable and predictable size for affordable full nodes.
> More recently, I've co-written a paper proposing a distributed service
> solution that could solve thin wallet privacy and security issues without
> needing to trust individual full nodes under the control of others.