[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Cryptography] Blockchain currencies: The Death of 1000 Cuts
- From: grarpamp <grarpamp AT gmail.com>
- Subject: Re: [Cryptography] Blockchain currencies: The Death of 1000 Cuts
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 02:21:31 -0400
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass email@example.com header.s=20161025 header.b=iAqCsNqq; spf=pass (google.com: domain of cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org designates 220.127.116.11 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org; dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:to:subject:message-id:date:from :references:in-reply-to:mime-version:dkim-signature:delivered-to :arc-authentication-results; bh=BKZFs4l1x25bKXrCM5XfY2lTil2CeWnG2zxr1okg5BE=; b=n1XDSvr9uvgJAsAX2QDPpVpneixS6+563JsFS7p8IfmAuAzXXC+iOqR7l++/cxcB2d pcQMTCz8Ga3GI0n97FKcfACzWX3NgQN3L6ufdRtkboGVXR6AdGwF31CQOYTc6a2N2sct 0wDJ4b2crien0i05evlj17JYvzpB0bh8Jm45+6ChI/h1EZGYuHEIM+Y59g0Fy4Z4ePPG XX7HoFQ1l9v0HSAnWkTSkaGX2C2+SMb7Rp7LcIKJ5Hw7n1fgC5q7YxVd6WOpKp6PXrTU hF7eZYMss29mrId+xjQPvtrqZb9HzslMXN3upYxk0sukJlENqeTpss77RGjJJtlDsI1R SVvw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1521613413; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=KE3ckTioFIY0Pba6/1HOOhSZ5FyH0xirAIHFHtAVDJtwjEeVlAzpKa4iQs95lSCs3Y Jz7q25e/HT5TJFHSsTdZsVGg1IVGl3fk3u0lHIB6p9YWE8vy9b4euRkdJ8z22xJuQL9M ihYpfJY0EW1h9R/j9n3cQcr/Yfh1IRlVs//8FE+f2rgneveYWGdAD7KSiA02Vqfmpjyf dyQpyKozSf49WIKKF9Cc5IVamASu9Hj0wMyZIXAMwJRI85NjkcDWFBtqSTFxLLiTyNfJ h+xCEDoBxLK9krbMkewYtKU/VJtMinJSagIoId6ijToNRpjIhLZCEOvQwYMcGP9iJ95Z R1QA==
- List-archive: <http://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/>
- Sender: "cypherpunks" <cypherpunks-bounces AT lists.cpunks.org>
- To: cypherpunks AT cpunks.org
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 5:36 PM, Bill Frantz <frantz AT pwpconsult.com> wrote:
> [Note to moderators. I think the ship has sailed on the label used for these
> currencies and this list may be the only holdout. I have avoided the
> objectionable term in my writing, but am using it in the writing of others
> that I quote so my quotes will be accurate.]
The context should prevail over whim of
Call cryptocurrency 'crypto' if you want,
the context further define things well enough.
> The IRS decision to tax blockchain currency gains, along with the following
> stories from SANS NewsBites Vol. 20 Num. 022 seem to indicate a policy of
> killing them with the death of 1000 cuts.
Ten year anniversary of 1000's of cuts and 100's
of deaths... nine months away... still going...
Those who fail to recognize, adopt, support,
and take part in some of the philosophical,
political, financial, technical, etc promises...
will be left behind like the old horse and buggy.
The people who either don't get it, or continually try
[politically] dissing it down with moot arguments and FUD...
a list supposedly aware of crypto, even as munitions
for change, where Satoshi himself first posted such a
thing as game changing as "Bitcoin" here...
time to free your minds a bit [again].
Cryptocurrency all over CNBC, its music videos on late
night talk shows, some say crazy... others interpret
it all as evidence of growing mass social acceptance
and integration of the underlying elements of what they
speak about. That's a powerful change, just getting
Cryptocurrency and blockchain are now raising up such
a storm of controversy and proving unstoppable in their own
takeover of the world, disruptive and forceful as they may or
may not necessarily be, precisely because there are a
lot of old horses long overdue for extinction.
Bitcoin youtube results... 5.6M
If anyone thinks cryptocurrencies, crypto, blockchain, and
such things as applied... are going away... they're insane.
Some say the below are but two examples of non-free
markets propped up by threat of physical force for the
benefit of legacy institutions, powers, players, etc...
> Ethereum Falls in Wake of SEC ICO Investigations
> (March 18 & 19, 2018)
> The value of Ethereum cryptocurrency fell below $500 USD over the weekend;
> the cryptocurrency was trading at more than $1,400 USD in January. The drop
> occurred after the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) made clear
> that it intends to scrutinize initial coin offerings (ICOs). Other
> cryptocurrencies have taken a hit over the past several months as well.
> Read more in:
> New York State Municipality Power Companies Can Charge Cryptocurrency Miners
> Higher Rates
> (March 16, 2018)
> The New York State Public Service Commission (PSC) has ruled that power
> companies in that state may charge cryptocurrency mining operations higher
> rates than other customers. Cryptocurrency miners have been attracted to New
> York because of the state's abundance of relatively inexpensive
> hydroelectric power. A group of 36 New York state municipalities petitioned
> the PSC to raise rated for these customers because the demands they place on
> local power grids is causing rate increases for local residents. Unlike
> other industries that may consume larger amounts of power, cryptocurrency
> mining does not bring economic development to the municipalities in which it
> Read more in:
> Bill Frantz | Can't fix stupid, but duct | Periwinkle