From: Ryan Carboni <ryacko AT gmail.com>
>I have written down so notes on the movie. Also, my cell phone works fine in the microwave.
You might be very near a cell-phone tower.
Try putting a large plastic or glass container of water in the microwave, with the cell phone. (say, 1/2 gallon of water.)
A microwave cavity, alone, is fairly well-shielded. But it is also very low-loss without a "load", an object within it that will absorb the 2.45 GHz microwave energy. Usually food, of course.
One thing that would be useful is an app which showed the received signal strength for that cell phone, to a resolution much better than the usual 5-bar display.
Jim Bell, N7IJS ("World's Last Tech-Plus Ham")