Re: Instead of only bashing tor, why not discuss the alternatives?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 07:30:57PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> Fundamentals of any stack for any system are:
>
>  - physical concept - N2N/ neighbour to neighbour vs software overlay
>    on existing ISP based centralised "Internet" as people know it today

Engineer Gets Tired Of Waiting For Telecom Companies To Wire His town --
So He Does It Himself
https://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/07/20/202200/engineer-gets-tired-of-waiting-for-telecom-companies-to-wire-his-town----so-he-does-it-himself

THIS is the kind of thing we need more of, only with a relentless eye
toward freedom and the enablement of individual control (not centralised
control) over the physical network.

Anyone live anywhere near this guy, to spend some hours having coffee?

In general it has always been, and will always be, the grassroots
individuals working together who will longer term change the world - for
the better or for the worse.

"Which role do I play?"