Re: Attempted coup d'etat in Turkey

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 02:40:46PM +0300, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> Consider searching the web for:
> news Turkey coup d'etat
>
> Someone old told me coup d'etat's are common for Turkey, the search
> terms are:
>
> history Turkey coup d'etat

Interesting. Conflicting reports. Evidently Turkish govt is trying to
paint a "we handled it already" picutre, but that may not be the case.
Let's see...

> Does the NATO's Turkey have nukes?

Pretty sure not, although they have been the conduit for mountains of
weapons from Libya and Ukraine into Syria - and Ukraine had a lot of
USSR military gear.

But I think any nukes got handled shortly after the collapse of USSR -
one of the rare examples of co-operation between North America and
Russia, to handle the ex-soviet nuclear arsenal. Thankfully.

And besides, the rat line from Libya and Ukraine has been run by the
CIA, not Turkey. Still absolutely shameful of course...