Re: Happy 4 July!!!

On 07/08/2016 09:55 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> nternational telnet / ntalk / IRC from the student computer labs / dialup...
> this was a thing in the late 80's and 90's

It was an ArpaNet machine a mid-size mainframe in an air conditioned
room. Telnet and all the Unix comm stuff had already been developed but
only a few mil companies had access to .com addresses in the early 70s
to use it. They didn't toy with the machine (just toyed with the idea of
taking an ax to it) but that's about the same time period I first heard
about telnet, ftp, irc.

Rr

Ps. Ended up pissing on it and destroying the air conditioning's access
to the room (blocked vents). Prolly caused a zillion dollars in damage.
The perps escaped into the crowd in the building as the police entered
to clear it and were never caught.