Re: [Cryptography] [RFC] random: add new pseudorandom number generator

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 8:31 AM Sandy Harris <sandyinchina AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a PRNG that I want to use within the Linux random(4) driver. It
> looks remarkably strong to me, but analysis from others is needed.

How do you plan to get this into the Linux community for testing?
In a cluster of machines a PRNG kernel update and verification process
seems tedious and difficult to tidy up after a problem is found or
suspected.

First benchmark it.
If it slows the system down without advantage it will not be welcome
except as an optional service and device.
Spinlocks ... hmmm... now I need to look at how the kernel can ignore
or not need them?

--

          T o m    M i t c h e l l  (on NiftyEgg[.]com )