Re: [Cryptography] Satoshi Nakamoto Email Timestamps Disambiguation Request

From: Robin Wood <robin@digi.ninja>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 2:56 AM
To: Kapilkov, Michael <mkapilkov AT pace.edu>
Subject: Re: [Cryptography] Satoshi Nakamoto Email Timestamps Disambiguation Request

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020, 02:30 Kapilkov, Michael, <mkapilkov AT pace.edu> wrote:

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out the correct timing/chronology of Satoshi’s emails.

I'm curious, why are you doing this? Is there something special about the times?

Robin

Honestly, I don’t know yet.  But I think it is important that someone tries to establish the correct timeline.  Bitcoin has become part of human history, so the establishment of these little facts, in my opinion, is important.  In some cases, historians spend years, decades and sometimes centuries arguing about the correct dating/chronology of historic arti/facts, including letters.  I think it’s essential that when someone decides to write Bitcoin History, they have accurate information.

It’s ironic, but it appears that the people who have followed Bitcoin from its genesis, seem to underestimate its historical significance and that by chance, they have become witnesses or Evangelists (in the original sense).