Re: [Cryptography] FIPS 140 validated crypto module on Android?

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 2:32 AM Sid Spry <sid AT aeam.us> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 15, 2020, at 7:06 PM, Michael Nelson via cryptography wrote:
> We need a FIPS 140-2 validated crypto module on Android mobile devices
> to do some simple encryption. Does anyone know of an available such
> module?
>
> ...deleted...
>
> Any pointers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncy_Castle_(cryptography)#Certified_releases

Bouncy castle seems exactly what you want. FIPS 140-2 level 1 certified, Java or C#.
Both languages see major use on Android.

I'm pretty sure that Bouncy Castle is the default Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) used on Android platform. They certainly are not using SunJCE. I've seen referenced in several Android code reviews that I've been involved with.

-kevin
--
Blog: http://off-the-wall-security.blogspot.com/    | Twitter: @KevinWWall
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.