[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Cryptography] Crypto basic income
- From: erik <erik AT erikgranger.name>
- Subject: Re: [Cryptography] Crypto basic income
- Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 22:21:22 -0400
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify) firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=erikgranger.name header.b=KiMWuLhe; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of cryptography-bounces+ben=bentasker.co.uk AT metzdowd.com designates 2001:470:30:84:e276:63ff:fe62:3500 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=cryptography-bounces+ben=bentasker.co.uk AT metzdowd.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:list-subscribe:list-help:list-post:list-archive :list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:subject:mime-version:references :in-reply-to:user-agent:message-id:date:to:from:dkim-signature :delivered-to:arc-authentication-results; bh=AYPH5xJV1ljd9VsAf4armmvzijNjRjzU6uPIm725m3I=; b=eEhqR5KMV+NvYaQuAlb9YNRb14L8fo62oWsrphwsm2/xRr/PGfNCe7P3qqlzut1+Mx qw1MWqIxsxZFCgyGHY1yOyA092cPMPWd15x4GTIjiUsq9pZiN1i3fnzUQPwODe4bc9Dj t78nxcC8b8hmczxPyb7MYkamBG2fLB9qM/Y9NSNZLPQT/pGflzH0iYHxgOQVmNOItS2C q4KR4IhoPow7TEdCz3BLUPYLyO++3x8SlQzLXPo7rWPUb6xwq3Jg4vkrfaylU26/47A9 MgxQCcDpXjjmiAqZdUwdM2k56jhfH/GKgr3qKvXwP6f6PFlRVhuxLvsfW+1hWsMXHD0N 0lDA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1506361420; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=soyrdqCXv4Wcy7p8DecqD5XuSFmHHMkoGRy0zd5IXoXvJjNBHZH0+LMYkxBIiGVelR EuRmtWbXqReFvLt77+Ovjw/PviAJ+LQRIKKQ6ZTPWLxx2HDdvZH1mc91DgoRiC4K6dgb KReF4V3PPkcl4GP7qxnY24x1bHFYYQ7g7zlmFeJxK2ua2qv2M4v5/0DM4ZNx8iUkREsm juVmiipcWdL2l17pNfURJB7P8MS07EuSh8FKUpptgqmYFhPsCkNNDnhHZAeHAGc3ez2a ylnel1ZGjhUq3tGYtm2UNHRL2UcD3C8YI9bT8ljhOoLIKXbpqdv63F+ciR1esiUyAzbz slnA==
- List-archive: <http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/>
- Sender: "cryptography" <cryptography-bounces+ben=bentasker.co.uk AT metzdowd.com>
- To: cryptography AT metzdowd.com
> - Do you think it will be possible, at some point, to have some sort of
> biometric public key infrastructure, where public and private keys are
> directly pegged to a persons biometric details?
That sounds fairly undesirable, and I don't think any cryptocurrencies that
provide a basic welfare income will maintain any sort of economic desirability
with consumers. Why would one trade in a cryptocurrency that is just emulating
typical banking, instead of just using typical banking? It defeats the purpose
of a pseudonymous, decentralized and immutable public ledger system.
> - Could biometrics completely replace the need for passwords?
A major thing of interest is that in the United States, biometrics are not
protected under the bill of rights, meaning that you can be forced to unlock a
phone that is locked with biometrics against your will. One would need to
utilize a rubber hose in order to do that with a known phrase, assuming no
>- If compromise of biometric details occurs, how would one go around to
> solve this, since it's not possible to, for example, create a new
> fingerprint for a person?
This seems more appropriate for a doctor; suffice to say that is a limitation
in the idea of using biometrics, if such a vulnerability is realized.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
The cryptography mailing list
cryptography AT metzdowd.com