Re: [Cryptography] Smart electricity meters can be dangerously insecure, warns expert

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017, Michael Kj?rling wrote:
So a smart meter perhaps has a way to shut off electricity remotely.
Personally, I can see the validity of such a use case from the power
company's point of view. But that also implies that it has (or at the
very least a very strong _should_ have) a way to turn the power back
on remotely.

Based on the local utility page (http://www.hydroone.com/MyHome/MyAccount/ConditionsofService/Pages/default.aspx):

	"Please note that some of our meters have the functionality to
	be remotely operated and be disconnected or reconnected without
	an in-person visit to your property."

cheers!