Re: [oss-security] Mitigating malicious packages in gnu/linux

On 11/19/2019 12:33, Georgi Guninski wrote:
As end user and contributor of gnu/linux, I am concerned about malicious
packages (either hostile developers or hacked developers or another reason)
and have two questions:

* What do linux vendors to avoid malicious packages?

* As end user what can I do to mitigate malicious packages?

You can start with installing only packages that are necessary and nothing more.