Re: [jfw] Re: Upgrade to PHP 7 - String class name and Router issue

If Joomla were more than a small handful of "long term" (and either burned out or bitter, if not both) with a bigger handful of feature contributors, and would stop using the "we're only volunteers" excuse as a scapegoat for why things don't get done, or even change, honestly I might be more comfortable with where things are at now.  Unfortunately I see Joomla being in a constant state of the user base is big enough it's still healthy to use for 3-5 years but it's core foundation means it will never grow in the ways it needs to in order to remain competitive in a highly evolving market space.

So many good ideas have been allowed to die over the last 5 years because it challenges the status quo.  The result is Joomla is fundamentally the same today as it was in 2011 while the once inferior WordPress is becoming a more viable CMS option (versus its once primary blogging focus) continues to steal websites right and left.

So ya, I'm annoyed, I'm frustrated, and I'm tired.  But I'm still here because people keep sucking me in, so for better or worse I'm going to keep beating dead horses in hopes someone will listen.  If nothing else, I can say I've now found my way to that spot where most "retire" from the project out of.