Re: [jfw] Re: Upgrade to PHP 7 - String class name and Router issue

At this point I don't think it's possible without screwing up the existing repositories.  Apparently there are ways where you can recombine git repositories while retaining history, but if we tried to start doing subsplits again into those repositories (this is how you can install the individual components of Symfony versus dragging the whole framework repo in) it would damage the git tags and Composer integrations pretty badly I fear.

I don't see it happening without abandoning the currently dead https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework repo, the entire https://github.com/joomla-framework organization, all of the existing packages through Packagist, and establishing new architecture with new names that don't collide.  Not worth it to me personally.