Re: [jfw] Develop Joomla CMS Component vs Joomla Framework App questions

Hello Facundo,

Joomlatools Platform comes with composer support, it has been optimised to install libraries from Joomla Framework using packagist instead including them in the Git repo where they don't belong (see code)

Further more, if you want to learn about composer and packagist and the different tools, Joomlatools Platform can also be installed from the command line using composer, using "composer create-project joomlatools/platform" (see also slide 12 in the presentation)

To answer your questions:

1. This is not a question of Joomla CMS vs Framework. If your client require you to use Joomla you will need to use Joomla CMS, the framework is merely is a set of libraries, it's not a application.

2. If you use Joomla CMS or Joomlatools Platform you have the framework already included, both are using Joomla Framework libraries.

3. Joomla Framework doesn't have a libraries for managing users, https://github.com/joomla-framework?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=user, the CMS does this out of the box already

4. I'm not sure why you wish to use Sylius/User, this provides the exact same functionality as the user component in Joomla, you will bascially have the same API twice. Why not just use the Joomla user component API's?

Hope that helps,

Johan