[jfw] Re: Develop Joomla CMS Component vs Joomla Framework App questions

Hello Facundo,

Happy to help you.

Short answer, if you need to use com_users you will need to use the Joomla CMS. The framework is not an option you cannot run the users component in the framework, it's not build that way. See also my reply here on the different between the Joomla CMS and Framework: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/joomla-dev-framework/RINZRTwGrHo/1dKjJPddAQAJ

If you do not with to drag along all the Joomla functionality for your solution you could consider using our Joomlatools Platform. (https://www.joomlatools.com/developer/platform/) The platform is a modern and slimmed down version of Joomla (based on 3.3 release). Fore more info see: https://www.joomlatools.com/developer/blog/2015/11/introducing-joomlatools-platform/

Finally, if you are not doing so, also check out our Joomlatools Vagrant Box for local Joomla development. Comes packed with tools to help you be more productive as a developer. You can find more info here: https://www.joomlatools.com/developer/tools/vagrant/

If you have more questions happy to assist!

Happy coding!

Johan