[jfw] Re: Understanding Session - sample app

I believe a session starts on the first visit, even if the user is a "guest. logging in changes the session information to reflect that the user is not a guest but an authenticated user.

I think it works out to 1 user = 1 session. Sessions always start on first visit.
I think that's typical of all session packages.

but it looks like your using Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Session for your sessions, so you should look at the documentation on that.