[jfw] Re: Tag view feature

Hi!

Tags are more CMS related, not Framework.

Dmitry

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 1:06:13 AM UTC+3, theduddy67 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm a web developer and I've worked with Joomla for over 5 years.
Recently I set up a kind of generic component (an Hello World component like) which I use as a starting point whenever I have a new component to develop for a client.
This component has the Joomla standard functionalities (create/edit items etc...) but I've added to it a new feature.

Indeed, it's been a while that I've been stuck with the "multicategories problem" without finding out a real solution.
Most of the time I end up with a CCK (flexicontent, seblod) which is a far more complex and heavy solution compare to my initial needs.
So I decided to add a tag view to my component which displays (in frontend) all the component items labeled with the same tag in a blog or list layout.
Now the "multicategories problem" can be considered as solved since tags allow an even better flexibility regarding the item sorting (taxonomy).

So I was wondering if the Joomla core team would be interested in adding this feature to the framework.
In doing so the Joomla's users would be definitely freed from this "multicategories problem" and could organize and display their articles the way they want to.

Don't hesitate to ask for further informations.
I can send you a demo for you to see what this tag view feature looks like.

Regards
Lucas Sanner