[jfw] what Would be Better choice To Build a API based Application: Joomla framework or Laravel ?

Hi
we have a team and planing to build a api based web service. we will have mobile apis and some others service.  my other team members are facinated to use laravel. but want to use Joomla as i am a joomla cms extension developer and pert of the community.

though i need to build the application and i have to use any framework.

so can anyone suggest me what would be better choice? laravel has artisan comman line tools and you know the rest features.

thanks