Re: [jfw] Re: Session Package - Keep or Drop

I'm with Eddie. As nice as third party code (especially since composer) seems to be, a framework should ship the interfaces by itself (even if they are only 1:1 wrappers). Same goes for a persistence layer to wrap database systems.

Am Montag, 4. Mai 2015 08:26:21 UTC+2 schrieb Andrew Eddie:
On 4 May 2015 at 10:22, Michael Babker <michael... AT gmail.com> wrote:
> We're talking a version of Framework code that if we're lucky the CMS will
> be using in 2-3 years; the odds of CMS 3.x consuming Framework 2.x code are
> pretty nil.  So I honestly don't think a legacy layer style approach matters
> too much for a code base where realistically I might be the biggest
> consumer.

The principle of using interfaces in the Framework is still valid. If
and when the CMS can actually use it is another thing, but I was just
trying to paint a picture of why working to interfaces would be
beneficial to both the Framework and the CMS where both can win and
even allow some CMS consumers to do opt-in upgrades.

That said, 2-3 years is too long for Joomla's own Framework team to
see code used in its own CMS.