Re: [jfw] Re: 2.0 - Dropping PHP 5.3 Support

Right now I'm not thinking of setting an arbitrary minimum version Framework wide, but letting possible features and refactorings start making decisions.  One of the first bumps would be if we kept the Session package and refactored it following PHP 5.4's SessionHandlerInterface, and I think that would start a domino affect of sorts (it would bump the Application package, which would bump the OAuth packages, which would bump the social packages...).

I do agree we need to officially discontinue PHP 5.3 support, it's EOL.  I think it's safe to push past PHP 5.4 too given its EOL this year.  From what I know, many of the *nix LTS packages are at PHP 5.5 or 5.6 now and good hosts are updating to those LTS releases or offering the later PHP versions, so targeting 5.5 seems fair for a long term thing.