Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Framework v2 Roadmap

Umm, yea, about that...

The Language package has gotten a fair bit of attention, including some documentation work (in the model I'd suggest is adopted Framework wide).  The View package has had a bit of a refactoring and brought about a Renderer package as a result.  Beyond that, not much tangible work has started AFAIK.  I'm toying around a bit with the Session package and maybe after JAB I can find time to push that into a PR on the repo.

With the PSR-7 vote passing, we need to make a decision whether it's something to apply to our code base, and if so, what effort that will require.

For the HTTP package stuff referenced here earlier (https://github.com/joomla-framework/http/pull/9), looking back now I think George and I started cramming too much into one PR and it might be a good idea to break that up into smaller incremental pieces to make sense of what's trying to be accomplished in there.  That may also be dependent on a PSR-7 decision.

Lastly, regardless of other activity going on, there's PHP 7 compatibility to keep in mind.  The String package already had a class renamed to deal with that and we've already made some syntax changes to support it as needed, but we still have some issues.  Our unit tests that essentially test the typehinting on a method now cause fatal errors on PHP 7 and can probably go away.  There's a failure in the Form package (https://travis-ci.org/joomla-framework/form/jobs/61620446) and I thought there was one with the Utilities package but I can't find the failing builds anymore (or it was something with the CMS' version of JArrayHelper, who knows).