Re: [jfw] Re: Versioning namespaces

As for migration, we need to separate user and developer migrations. User migrations is data (db + files) only, which should not be a big deal. I've never understood why there wasn't any data-migration tool for 1.5 -> 1.6 written by the core. And the migration for third party developers depends mostly on interface, at least it should. And that's were Andrews propasal comes into play. If we can have 2 versions of the same package in one installation, we could easily deprecate the old one and give developers enough time to migrate their extensions.

The lack of interfaces is something which CMS and framework does have in common. But i think that's a very general issue within test-driven development. So many people are focusing on writing tests without taking enough time to design the structure which is typically represented with interfaces. I miss the time were UML was trendy ;)
To put it in a nutshell: Interfaces first!