Re: [jfw] Re: Versioning namespaces

On 20 May 2015 at 01:08, Don Gilbert <> wrote:
> Another way for the CMS to start using the Framework is for the CMS to
> define the interfaces it requires, then have the existing code transformed
> to meet those interfaces. This will allow the CMS start using the Framework
> to rebuild its underlying structure while remaining compatible with existing
> code.

I agree. The very act of adding the FW to the CMS is effectively
"versioning" the namespace, albeit we only get one shot in the
conventional matter. I do agree that moving to a published system of
public interfaces is crucial moving forward. It is best practice and
we need to drag the CMS kicking and screaming yet with as much
backward compatible support as possible.

So ok, if we can tolerate at least a bit of code bloat where we keep a
lot of the legacy code beside the new FW code, but we have a
systematic plan to reform and replace the need for that code, I'm in!